Welcome to the Sleepmasters Help Centre
We have put together a collection of the most frequently asked question that our customers ask the most. If you cannot find what you are looking for, feel free to contact us and we will be happy to asssit!
Q: How do I buy a bed?
Your choice of mattress is the most important decision you will make when selecting a bed. Because everyone is different and has their own preferences and requirements, we've come up with a 6 step easy tool to help you. Simply choose the price range, comfort level and mattress size that are right for you, and we'll show you the options that match your choices. Our knowledgeable experts in store will help you make the right choice and ensure that your mattress gives you years of comfort.
Q: What are the different sizes?
Beds sets are available in the following sizes: Width:
- 91,5 cm= Single = Appropriate for a child, may not be great for a teenager or an adult
- 107 cm = Three-Quarter = Appropriate for a child, teenager and an adult
- 137 cm = Double = Traditional 2 sleeper. Offers sleepers a little extra room side to side, right for a teenager and an average sized adult
- 152 cm = Queen = Appropriate for two average sized adults with a little room between sleepers
- 183 cm = King = Gives a couple the most room. If you have children or pets joining you in bed then a King size is perfect for you. However, please keep in mind that King sized beds can be too large for certain rooms and can be difficult to move.
- 1,88 cm = Standard Length
- 2 m = Extra Length
Q: Do you deliver and are there charges?
Deliveries are door to door and must be a physical address within the borders of South Africa, there may be a charge for delivery, please contact your nearest store for more information
Q: How often should I change my bed?
There is no set time to say when to change your bed, however it would depend on the type of bed, the age and how often it is used.
A good quality bed could have a life span of up to 20 years or more. It is advised for comfort and health reasons to change your mattress every 5-10 years
Q: Should I decide to change my mattress, would I have to change the base?
It is advised that you replace both the base and the mattress as they are designed to work together with the base acting as a shock absorber.
Changing one without the other could also possibly impact on the warranty.
Q: How would I know that I need a new mattress?
There would be a number of signals to look for;
- If you are not sleeping as well as you normally do.
- Do you perhaps wake up with pains or aches?
- Can you see a physical change in the shape of the mattress. (Bowing or sagging?)
Q: How often should I turn my mattress?
It is advised to adhere to the manufacturer instructions, certain beds do not require turning. You could turn your mattress every couple of months from head to toe.
Q: What are the different types of mattresses?
Other than the visible differences and quality of the ticking (Fabric) and construction type, beds such as latex foam, memory foam or innerspring mattresses are available.
Innerspring - (Coil type) could include;
Bonnell, Pocketed springs or offset.
- The quality of the memory foam mattress depends mainly on the density of the foam, the higher the density the better the mattress.
- The difference between a memory foam mattress and latex foam is how the mattress would mould to the body and how quickly the mattress recovers its shape.
- The best advice is to meet with a Sleepmasters expert in store who is knowledgeable and would understand your needs in respect of comfort levels, budget etc.
Q: What should I do if I suspect a warranty problem?
First, read your warranty card carefully so you understand warranty limitations. Keep in mind that warranties may differ by model or manufacturer. If you have any questions, you can contact our customer service department at 0800 222 888.
Q: What does my warranty cover?
Your mattress warranty is not an indicator of how long your mattress should be used before being replaced; it is designed to protect you against defects. Each brand offers a unique warranty supplied with each bed.
Q: What circumstances will cause the manufacturer to decline my warrant
Be sure to read your warranty card to understand any warranty conditions. Some warranties become void if the mattress is soiled, certain tags are removed, you no longer have the original receipt or warranty, or if the mattress is used with a defective foundation or frame.
If you have questions or concerns, call us on 0800 222 888.
Q: What is the exchange policy?
It is advised to click on the terms and conditions section for more detail.
Q: How do I clean my mattress?
We recommend that you invest in a quality mattress protector to avoid nasty stains and spills. However, even with a mattress protector it is still advisable to clean your mattress from time to time. The best way to do this is to vacuum your mattress. Be wary to not vacuum excessively as this can damage or cause internal shifting of the filling layers. Never soak a mattress or foundation or use harsh cleaning materials as these can damage the comfort layers
Q: What do I need to do before delivery?
You should strip the linen from your old bed, disassemble existing headboards/footboards from your old bed and re-arrange any furniture if required. In order to assist in a safe, damage free delivery, it is recommended that the path of delivery is cleared of any obstacles and breakable items.
Q: What type of payments do you accept?
We accept Credit card, Cash, debit cards, RCS cards and Lay by